Message 51 of 71

Re: McAfee All Access - new GUI?!

Jump to solution

Thanks for helping... I will wait

Peacekeeper
Message 52 of 71

Jump to solution

I had a final mention to the powers that be today re this and they said if you have 1 linense for the 5 years ie you bought the 1 product and it gave you 5 years or so customer service would be worth the call.

junk_cia_man_ju
Former Member
Message 53 of 71

Jump to solution

What exactly do you mean?!

Peacekeeper
Message 54 of 71

Jump to solution

Was it a single All access purchase for 5 years or whatever period. if so customer service could be talked into swapping licenses. If you happy staying on old GUi fine

junk_cia_man_ju
Former Member
Message 55 of 71

Jump to solution

No. I bought 5 times a one year license...

And the support told me this wouldn't go...

Peacekeeper
Message 56 of 71

Jump to solution

It works we have seen that mentioned here what you have to do is watch out that they do not consider each a separate renewal ie 5 auto renewals at year 1

I assume this did not happen for you. With single licenses topped up probably not to good a chance with Customer service but up to you.

junk_cia_man_ju
Former Member
Message 57 of 71

Jump to solution

I bought 3-4 Single Licenses in one year... I  think... Is this a problem?!

Peacekeeper
Message 58 of 71

Jump to solution

Just ensure the renewal is disabled especially at the 1 year mark in case you get 3-4 renewals. You should not as all are now the 1 subscription but one needs to be vigilant.

Another thing to ponder is if you keep auto renewal on McAfee will provide you with free virus removal and refund you if the cannot remove it.

I feel this has now been discussed enough. You know what options you have and some issues with the new GUI. I like it actually.

junk_cia_man_ju
Former Member
Message 59 of 71

Jump to solution

Why Auto renewal?! I have one account with one All Access license which still runs until 2021

Peacekeeper
Message 60 of 71

Jump to solution

I was just saying the techs mentioned that if you had several licenses or rather you installed several copies of the 1 product over the top that sometimes depending on how you did it the account computer will think all start from the same time and auto renew all at once and thus several charges. If this has not happened nothing to worry about. It just happened to 1 user so I was just passing a warning on trying to be helpful.

Remember when your all access is coming due disable auto renewal as you then need Livesafe.unless you have arranged a swap with customer service.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community