Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 1 of 4

Manual Full Scan Version/Build 16.3.163

I ran a Full scan and it reached 37% in 2 minutes/56% in7 minutes/78% in 15 minutes/and completed in 56 minutes total runtime. C: Drive 211,073 files. Prior scans took 1 hr 58 minutes.

It is my opinion that the prior scanning issues have been addressed. I ran a Quick scan and it completed in 2 minutes/3220 files.

Has anyone else received this Version/Build and ran one as well?

Thank you for any input.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
3 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: Manual Full Scan Version/Build 16.3.163

I might add that the scan did not (Hang/Pause) yet increased percentage wise until completion.

I will perform another Manual Full Scan later to determine if it is even quicker, the second go-around.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
quiltgirl
Contributor III
Message 3 of 4

I just did a manual full scan with 16.3.163.  I did 158124 items and took 51 minutes.   Although the % complete value did change, it still did not seem to jive with the number of items.  

For example:

27% - 3280 items

46% - 24,421 items

55% - 40,660 items

66% - 62,489 items

77% - 96,861 items

80% - 110,035 items

85% - 156,190 items.

After 85% it jumped to 100% 158,124 items.   So I don't think the % complete is tied to number of items.

Note, previous scan on previous version did 157,968 items, and took 41 minutes.  Scan before that too 34 minutes, and did 164,210 items.

And, Catdaddy,  on your scan, if it took only 15 minutes to reach 78%, why was the total time so much longer (56 minutes)?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

If you would read the other thread, you will (notice) that it took 1hr 58 mins on the prior build.. So yes there is a significant improvement. For it to run a Full Scan in 51/56 minutes, for the sake of me I cannot understand how one can complain?

It progressed in increments even after the 1st 15 minutes until completion.(See post #1)

Plus given the fact that it is the new LAM scanning engine,in my opinion the changes implemented has reduced the time it takes. I have not ran another scan yet,but will do so later.

Thank you for your input.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community