Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve7
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Main windows blank & unable to get into applications

Jump to solution

Yesterday I wanted to clean out cookies and trackers.  It went through the search and when I clicked to remove all the items, the recycle bin did empty but I didn't get the finished itemized screen.  Also, the main block on the right side of all the windows aren't coming up.  And still isn't today. It says, "We can't load this info right now. Refresh the screen and we'll try again."  I do but it doesn't work..  And none of the applications at the bottom of the windows work, like running a scan or "Remove cookies and trackers."  I click on them but nothing happens.

And now I noticed the McAfee icon in the lower task bar is whited out with a red mark on it and when I hover over it, it says I'm at risk.  But when I go into the interface, everything is green and running. Firewall is "on." 

I ran the Virtual Technician and it found two problems: "Problem log" and "Diagnostic Details."  When it finished fixing, it said solved some but not all the problems.  The one it didn't fix was that the firewall was not running.  But as I said it is green and "on."

Can't tell which version of Total Protection because nothing works when I click on them.

What's going on here?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
steve7
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Re: Main windows blank & unable to get into applications

Jump to solution

Did the un/reinstall.   Now it's working.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

First try some of the free scanners here

Make sure not to load the full trial versions as they have real time scanning which can clash.with Mcafee . With malwarebytes disable any real time scanning options.

Then if still an issue call support they might suggest a full uninstall reinstall to see what is happening. Also have you the details of the session number you were given when you ran mvt?

steve7
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Interesting you mentioned Malewarebytes real-time scanning.  I  had MB's but not the premium real-time scanning. But I got an update about 10 days ago and it gave me an entirely new MB interface that included a free two week trial of their real-time scanning service.   I thought it was clashing with my browsers so I uninstalled it, and planned on reinstalling the basic version when I wanted to run a scan again. 

So it was gone when I ran the "Remove the cookies and trackers" yesterday.  

I guess I'll call tech support and do an un and reinstall.

The only number I got was in re: to the firewall: 17.4.159

Correction: The Program Files and Diagnostic Log weren't issues, just "related files."

steve7
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Did the un/reinstall.   Now it's working.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Great seems the install got corrupted that happens sometimes

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community