Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlyingCapt
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

MacBook Pro with Dual Operating Systems

Jump to solution

Have a MacBook Pro with both IOS X and Windows 10 partitions.  Have a license to McAfee All Access.  How do I load MAA onto the Windows partition?  McAfee recognizes the computer as a MacBook and only lets me load McAfee for the Apple.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FlyingCapt
Former Member
Message 8 of 8

Re: MacBook Pro with Dual Operating Systems

Jump to solution

I booted the MacBook into the Win 10 partition, went to My Account in McAfee, and added a new computer.  McAfee All Access downloaded Okay -- all except SiteAdvisor.  SiteAdvisor may not work yet with Win 10.

Many thanks for all the comments and helpful suggestions.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Ah that is best asked of tech support as I haven't a two partition install.

Services and Support for Home and Office

I assume being in the windows partition and accessing your account does not see it?

FlyingCapt
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

That is correct.  Looking at my account details, it shows the MacBook Pro installation (I have MAA installed on the IOS partition).  Do I have to select the Windows partition (operating system) on my MacBook and then load MAA by adding a new computer, or will McAfee recognize the computer as an Apple?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

While booted in your Win 10 go to your account and simply click Add this device or the plus sign then the PC logo depending on which page comes up.

I assume it will recognize you have Windows 10 but if there's a problem then that's where Technical Support comes in

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 8

Re: Re: MacBook Pro with Dual Operating Systems

Jump to solution

Hi

How are you running MAC and Windows on your hard disk and which file system are they formatted. This will help identify if we can get McAfee work on both OSes.

FlyingCapt
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

Re: Re: MacBook Pro with Dual Operating Systems

Jump to solution

I have a 512 solid state drive on my MacBook Pro.  I used Apple's BootCamp Assistant to create two equal partitions. One is formatted to OS X (Yosemite), the other is formatted to NTFS and has Windows 10 installed. When the MacBook is turned on with the Alt-Option key depressed, I have the option of choosing either operating system, or I can preset which OS is selected when the computer is turned on.

I have not had time yet to try what Ex_Brit has suggested above.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 8

Re: Re: Re: MacBook Pro with Dual Operating Systems

Jump to solution

I don't foresee any issues with which the drive is partitioned.

Logon to the Windows 10 PC and navigate to https://home.mcafee.com

Login using your Email and Password

Click on My Account

See if you are provided with an option to "Protect this Device"

FlyingCapt
Former Member
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

I booted the MacBook into the Win 10 partition, went to My Account in McAfee, and added a new computer.  McAfee All Access downloaded Okay -- all except SiteAdvisor.  SiteAdvisor may not work yet with Win 10.

Many thanks for all the comments and helpful suggestions.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community