Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Suedeb1
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

MVT trouble

Jump to solution

After removing a trojan, I had to reinstall Windows and now can not find McAfee...went to my account, downloaded it again but got error saying "could not install any of the security features..I ran MVT and got message cannot find McAfee products on your system...Can someone help please?  thanks.

1 Solution
7 Replies
Aldrin
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

Re: MVT trouble

Jump to solution

Since you have reloaded Windows, you need to get all the latest Windows Updates installed in the computer. So check for Windows Update and install all the available important updates and then re-try the installation. It should work.

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Also before retrying run MCPR removal tool in case any part of mcafee got installed then reboot and run

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/Mcpreinstall.exe

Then retry the install after all updates

Suedeb1
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help but I did check for updates and re- downloaded McAfee from my account and it still says "could not install security features" so I ran MVT and this time it said no problems found so tried downlaoding McAfee again and it still says can not find....and ran MVT once again and still says no problem  found.

Suedeb1
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Thanks Tony...I can not get the MCPR tool to run...I get the message that it can't be found....ugh!!  LOL

Suedeb1
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Tony..thank you so much...that did the trick...I can use my computer again and not be afraid.....again...thank you!!

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

No problem glad to help

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community