Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
homea50
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

MDaemon

hi all,

Please you guys tell me McAfee protection with Anti-Spam and Phishing for MDaemon Email server.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

M.Umer

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: MDaemon

None of the consumer products are designed for servers.   You need to ask your question here: 

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 6

I just realized it's software, not hardware.  No, it isn't supported.  The only coverage is as described on the products pages, see below.  But anything saved to hard drive is scanned of course.

Supported Browsers for Anti-Phishing

• Internet Explorer 8.0 or later
  • Firefox 4.0 or later
  • Google Chrome

Supported Email Programs

• POP3–Windows Mail, Outlook Express, Outlook, Netscape, IncrediMail, Thunderbird, Becky, Shuriken
  • MAPI–Outlook
  • Web–MSN/Hotmail or email account with POP3 access

Required for Anti-Spam Toolbar

• Windows Mail or Outlook Express 6.0 or later
  • Outlook XP or later
  • Thunderbird 5.0 or later
  • McAfee Anti-Spam also supports other POP3 email clients (without SSL) and web accounts

Supported Instant Messaging Programs

• AOL Instant Messenger 2.1 or later
  • Yahoo Messenger 4.1 or later
  • Microsoft Windows Messenger 3.6 or later
  • MSN Messenger 6.0 or later

Datasheet

rmetzger
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Hi M.Umer

Whether 'Supported' officially or not, VirusScan Command Line Scanner would fit the bill nicely with MDaemon.

The last time I had MDaemon at a client site, MDaemon uses Kaspersky (command line scanner) running as a way to scan each email message on entry. I used VSE On-Access Scanner as a second line of defense. Seemed to work well for me (client).

VirusScan Command Line Scanner could do the same.

I wrote some notes on VirusScan Command Line Scanner here: (https://community.mcafee.com/message/343375#343375)

I Hope this is 'Helpful.'

Ron Metzger

Thanks,
Ron Metzger

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 6

As I thought, Enterprise software would be your solution.  That, however, requires bulk purchase and usually a grant number for download and support.

rmetzger
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Hi M.Umer

In addition to my description above, I realized that I should have mentioned that MDaemon, back when I still worked with it, would write each email message to disk in a somewhat protected manner. At that time MDaemon would launch the Kaspersky Command Line Scanner against the email message. (Kaspersky taking appropriate actions, before allowing the message to be received and unlocked. VSE On-Access Scanner would then take action if needed.)

This would present an interesting problem, as how would you replace the Kaspersky launch within MDaemon, with McAfee VirusScan Command Line Scanner. That is more a MDaemon question at heart.

I would be interested in your solution to this problem.

Ron Metzger

Thanks,
Ron Metzger

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community