Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
treetrunk
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

MBAMSwissArmy install triggers bad_pool_header BSOD in Windows 10

Jump to solution

My PC experienced a Blue Screen of Death just now. Checking through the event logs, the last thing before the BSOD was:

A service was installed in the system.

Service Name:  MBAMSwissArmy

Service File Name:  C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys

The system fell over immediately following that.

I was working on something intricate and it's lost now.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SafeBoot
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 9

Re: MBAMSwissArmy install triggers bad_pool_header BSOD in Windows 10

Jump to solution

I think perhaps there is some confusion - MBAM is MalwareBytes Anti Malware - it's NOT a McAfee product, it's made by a completely different company.

The MalwareBytes forum can be found at Malwarebytes Community

View solution in original post

8 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

Moved to the General Discussion area.

See if MBAMSwissarmy is in the quarantine folder under Navigation > Quarantined and Trusted Items, if so try restoring it and then trusting it.   This is an old problem that's been going on for years with various antivirus vendors involved.

This thread at MBAM Forums may help. you may want to post logs there as advised in the 1st response:  I'm getting BSOD when scanning (mbamswissarmy.sys) - Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA Help - Malwareby...

If this is MBAM Anti-Rootkit Beta, then there's no support here for any beta 3rd party software.  I suggest uninstalling it as regular MBAM Free has an anti-rootkit provision built-in.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

BTW I located my MBAM (regular software) mbamswissarmyknife.sys in Drivers in system32 and right-click, scanned and nothing detected, so I think you must be using untested or Beta version of MalwareBytes software perhaps.

In any case this isn't the spot for their support.

treetrunk
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

I'm not using beta.

I'm just using the regular mcAfee updates. Fully patched win 10. Nothing special.

If Mcafee is pushing out untested or beta code to its end users I think we have bigger issues!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

I doubt that as it has a separate beta testing programme which is available to the public.  What makes you think McAfee is to blame here?   As I said, McAfee isn't detecting that same .sys file on my rig.

mbamswissarmy belongs to either Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or to its beta Anti-Rootkit software.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

It would also help to know exactly what name and version of MBAM software you have installed.

SafeBoot
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

I think perhaps there is some confusion - MBAM is MalwareBytes Anti Malware - it's NOT a McAfee product, it's made by a completely different company.

The MalwareBytes forum can be found at Malwarebytes Community

treetrunk
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

Gah! (redfaced) - sorry! you are correct! I realize it's not the Mcafee product, it's malwarebytes. Thanks all and apologies.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

No problem, I thought my first response was enough to tell you that.   LOL, no big deal.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community