cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daandre3
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Lost McAfee during Windows 7 Upgrade

The Windows 7 upgrader 'finished' before I was able to reinstall McAfee.  Now I can't figure out how to get back there without completely reinstalling Windows 7 (not willing to invest another 3 hours in this).  Anyone have any suggestions?

Tags (1)
5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lost McAfee during Windows 7 Upgrade

Run the MCPR removal tool in the "Useful Links" at top of this page.  Then reboot and reinstall your products from your online account.

BlueStar
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Dont know if this topic is closed, first time here. But I got the same problem with McAfee. I just finished upgrading to windows 7 and I couldnt install McAfee in time. You said to install products from online account. I just made this account, does this mean I have one already. I have had McAffe for a couple of months now. I even have the cd, but it says it's not compatible with windows 7. What should I do?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

BlueStar wrote:

Dont know if this topic is closed, first time here. But I got the same problem with McAfee. I just finished upgrading to windows 7 and I couldnt install McAfee in time. You said to install products from online account. I just made this account, does this mean I have one already. I have had McAffe for a couple of months now. I even have the cd, but it says it's not compatible with windows 7. What should I do?

Your forum user name has nothing to do with your McAfee account.  If you purchased or registered your software online then there is an account.

Just sign in here:  https://home.mcafee.com/Secure/Protected/Login.aspx?ErrCode=PLEASE_LOGIN

Alter the country at the top right if you need to change it.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/14/09 4:23 AM
BlueStar
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Thanks Ex_Brit. I realize at the end that I had another account for Mcafee. It was an account that I rarely use. I downloaded what I needed from there and everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks again!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

That's good, glad it's sorted out.  You can phone Customer Service for free in  order to sort out any account discrepancies.

Just click McAfee Support at the top here, then Home/Home Office Support and go from there.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community