Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_179072
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

LiveSafe installation hangs at 83%

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to install LiveSafe on my computer. The first part of the installation went fine, then I was asked to reboot the computer which I did. Upon starting the computer again I pressed McAfee Security Scan plus on the desktop, a installation screen was started, it performed the information control, proceeded to the system control but is now stuck at 83% with the encouraging message "You are almost there - we are installing the program now". There has been no progress for the past hour and I'm not able to do anything about the installation. Any advice?

Best regards

Michael Berglund

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sivasubramanian
Message 3 of 6

Re: LiveSafe installation hangs at 83%

Jump to solution

@Michael Berglund

Please run MCPR and Reboot the computer. Run MVT and retry the installation.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

It seems that you have inadvertently installed (McAfee Security Scan Plus) which is basically a 'Marketing Program'. Usually installed when updating Adobe Flash Player\other programs, and it is bundled with the download. My Recommendation is to go to your Control Panel\Programs and Features and uninstall\Restart.

Upon doing so, see if your installation of Livesafe Completes. Should that not be the case, kindly post back for further assistance, or alternatively you can contact Technical Support 24/7 (Free) of charge: https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact

All the Best,

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
sivasubramanian
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

@Michael Berglund

Please run MCPR and Reboot the computer. Run MVT and retry the installation.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

That Indeed will\should work. Having said that..Please uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus ​as it is not needed.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
user_179072
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for your information. I have done as suggested above and it's now working perfectly.

Many thanks!!

Best regards

Michael

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Glad that all is OK

Regards,

Cliff\CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community