cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greens
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

JS/Joke-Shake

Hi All....McAfee detected the JS/Joke-shake PUP this afternoon and said that it was unable to remove it.  I was told to manullay remove it from add/remove programs.  It's not in there, but when I looked in my "restore" folder in the McAfee program, the file is listed in there as having been quarantined.  The original location was in the temporary internet files folder.  I'm now running a Mawarebytes scan and will run another McAfee scan.  If both come up clean, would you say that I'm ok?  I'm running Windows XP, Service Pack 3, IE 8, McAfee Security Center 9.15, Virus Scan 13.15 with the latest DAT.

Lately, McAfee has told me that several files/programs were infected and were unable to be removed but yet when I looked later, they were quarantined and subsequent scans came up clean.

Thanks for your time.

Labels (2)
1 Reply
rahulsingh
Contributor III
Message 2 of 2

Re: JS/Joke-Shake

With potentially unwanted programs(PUP) McAfee for some reason always gives that error message stating cannot remove. If you find that file in the quarantined list you should be good. I would also suggest running a cache cleanup program like ccleaner or McAfee's own QuickClean...

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community