cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vespiform02
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Issues installing Total Protection

this is happening to me at the moment, the difference is i now have no internet security package installed at all and it wont let me reinstall mcafee as it says the download server is not working or something along those lines, before i had this problem the 1st time i noticed any problems with mcafee all access total protection was when the realtime scanning suddenly without warning switched off for no reason at all, this then extended later on to me not being able to scan for viruses at all and whe i go to reinstall it says can not continue download after saying could not fix threats

this needs to be bumped up to the admins so that they can deal with it as i am currently typing this with no assurance that i wont get a virus so please sort this out as i paid for the top product believing that it would be better than norton which i uninstalled using the norton removal tool before using mcafee

i have windows xp home edition sp3 if that helps with a intel atom processor and a intel gma 500 chipset

2 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: Issues installing Total Protection

I gave you your own thread.   There are no admins here - only peer-to-peer support and very occasionally an actual support person will drop in.

Technical Support is best for you and it is free by phone or online chat.

See the link under Useful Links at the top of this page.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: Issues installing Total Protection

Moved to General Discussion.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community