cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
indyfuse
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Issue with total protection function

I have downloaded 3 license total protection on 225.  Installed it on 2 laptops, no problems.  Installed on third laptop and it won;t let me turn on automatic updates or real time scan.  Says it may be my network connection, althought I am able to connect to internet fine.  The laptop uses an  Intel Pro Wireless 2200BG wireless card.  The laptop runs Windows XP.  I did have 2008 version of McAfee on the computer and ran fine.

5 Replies
cushdy
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Re: Issue with total protection function

I actually had this problem only a few moments ago. Just restart the machine. I had a problem with restarting too coz windows wouldn't load up for some reason. Had to manually switch it off and then switch on again. When prompted I chose "Last known good configuration" and that solved the problem - total protection went green and everything was ok!! Good luck!

The_Narc
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Hello,

In the laptop that is having problems... Did you uninstall McAfee 2008 before you update to latest version? Use MCPR to delete all traces of McAfee old versions from your system. It can be downloaded from the "Useful Links" at the top of this page. And then reinstall your product.

Tell me if this fix your problem.

Cheers,

The_Narc

indyfuse
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Uninstalled the software, ran the removal tool, and reinstalled.  Still no luck.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Hello,

Check whether the date & time of the laptop is set right ?
Did the laptop have any malware infection in the past ?
Do you have any other  security software/ its remnants in the laptop ?

Regards,
Dinesh K

mitzy
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

I updgraded to windows7 home preium protection worked at first. Then all of a sudden i cannot log on to my pc as protection stopped working. I can only access my pc in safe mode.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community