cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alk
Former Member
Message 1 of 23

Is there any way to update version 15 now?

Jump to solution

in some country the people are getting version 15 new ui. but i want to know if there is any way to update version 15 immediately ? or should i wait and wait................

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 23

Re: Is there any way to update version 15 now?

Jump to solution

alk wrote:

in some country the people are getting version 15 new ui. but i want to know if there is any way to update version 15 immediately ? or should i wait and wait................

As I stated above, no there is no way.   It will be released slowly, first to McAfee direct subscribers and then others.

It takes a while to reach everyone world-wide.

This is answered.

View solution in original post

22 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 23

Jump to solution

Not really but you could try a full uninstall, cleanup using MCPR - reboot, then download from your online account.

I doubt it will speed things up however.

The new interface/version is slowly being released so any problems can be caught before millions of people have it.

You'll get it eventually 😉

If it's any consolation, not even the Beta testing group got to use the new GUI before it started release.  Not sure why that happened.

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 23

Jump to solution

15.1.r2 will start release next week bar unforseen issues..Usually to Australia and Korea first and following week US etc.

soumyab
Contributor III
Message 4 of 23

Jump to solution

you'll have to wait..I'm also using 14.0,and I think everyone will get version 15 in this march,so it's just a matter of time now

alk
Former Member
Message 5 of 23

Jump to solution

hey soumya, have u got version 15 (i mean blue gui)?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 23

Jump to solution

I am and have been running 15.0.R0 since 10/17/2017 when they briefly released it. (Green McAfee GUI). There will be a release of the New (Blue GUI) this week 15.1.R2, granted there are no unforeseen issues.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 23

Jump to solution

Blue GUI us not tied to 15.1. It is tied to the new installer  sll 14.10 .r13 installs should get it soon.

soumyab
Contributor III
Message 8 of 23

Jump to solution

nope..still using green one

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 23

Jump to solution

Yes, it's the new installer rather than any particular software version.  Everyone will get it eventually but these things are always released slowly so as to minimize unseen problems.

It surprised me.  When I shut down Windows 7 one night my MSC was Green like yours, when I powered up the next morning it was blue.

But on my 2 Windows 10 test rigs that use the same software, I'm still green.  Go figure LOL 😉

hitech_redneck
Former Member
Message 10 of 23

Jump to solution

Just to keep everyone updated, I did a clean install tonight and still no version 15, with an Affid 0 and in the US.  Maybe that will save someone trying today.   If anyone has luck can you post here so we know?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community