cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SickofYourPopup
Contributor II
Message 51 of 66

Re: Is there a way to stop McAfee's PopUp ads?

Thanks for pointing out that Reddit post.  Wow, that was a journey through support.

They have lost me as a customer forever just for their insolence in beleiving it's OK to hijack my PC and interrupt my work for an ADVERTISEMENT without any recourse or method to opt out.  It's not like it's freeware, where ads are expected.

I've already inunstalled and stopped my renewal, even though I have more than six months left.  Of course they won't give a refund for the time not used.   In the exit survey when I uninstalled, the very first question asked why, and the very first option to click was "Too many notifications" or something to that effect.  They know customers are annoyed.

Mbecks
Contributor III
Message 52 of 66

Hello, There are no ways to get rid of McAfee's Spam Pop-ups that lead you to buy more products from them. I have gone through Their online help twice with a live person and all they have done is admitted the pop-ups are a thing and "their engineers are working on it" AKA they don't care. 

Mbecks
Contributor III
Message 53 of 66

I am on board. This is ridiculous to have adware bundled with paid anti-adware.

AH1
Contributor
Message 54 of 66

I have had enough. Once my current licence expires I will move to another AV product.

fishanderson
Contributor II
Message 55 of 66

These aren't alerts about McAfee features. It's a marketing message to get someone to buy and upgrade.  It's annoying, and I'm considering stopping it too.  My mother is not that tech savvy, and I get phone calls about it repeatedly.

fishanderson
Contributor II
Message 56 of 66

Quick update. After speaking with their technical support and their customer support, there's no way to turn them off, and no refunds.. . Eff them

Mbecks
Contributor III
Message 57 of 66

The messages are predatory as well. People like your less tech savvy parents might think their virus software has detected a malicious intrusion. some one who might not have someone to call will end up buying a bunch of software they don’t need because they are unsure. Very dirty.

Mbecks
Contributor III
Message 58 of 66

Let me guess, they gave you the line “our engineers are aware of the issue and are working on it”.

Carl72
Contributor
Message 59 of 66

"These pop ups are legit information alerts about McAfee features and it is as per design. "

I call absolute BS! Every **bleep** popup from this program has been an ad to sell me a service. The latest one today was to run a scan which then led me to a subscription screen to purchase a new subscription for the scan even though I have a subscription to LiveSafe.

Be honest in your response, these popups are not informational alerts they are are ads to sell more services. I cancelled my auto renew for the time being. 

tgria
Contributor II
Message 60 of 66

My subscription just auto-renewed and now I realise what a fool I've been. More people should be aware that they are paying for McAfee to spam them before they buy the product, renew the subscription or enable the auto-renewal. Totally unprofessional and unethical.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community