cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DannyCh
Contributor III
Message 41 of 66

Re: Is there a way to stop McAfee's PopUp ads?

Hi @Nagesh_G 

You have numerous posters commenting on the same issue. Why not post a public explanation?

I'm also still waiting on an explanation as to whether or not this is even legal under Australian consumer law (it certainly isn't ethical).

wayno
Contributor
Message 42 of 66

I have been a customer for 12 years and have never been so spammed before with the app, this year 2023 is even worse.   I am requesting a refund and all of you should too.

cooljim
Contributor III
Message 43 of 66

angryjim2.jpgpopup.jpgpopup2.jpgpopup3.jpgpopup4.jpgpopup5.jpg

cooljim
Contributor III
Message 44 of 66

I've posted about this subject in other areas. I've been a McAfee customer for several years. This new, popup, spam, nag screen, focus stealing, disrutpive spam stuff is a deal breaker.

I've never, and others here have never, received any kind of response from McAfee about how to disable these popups! McAfee doesn't care!

It sounds like someone in McAfee Middle Management came up with this genius marketing method. Is this the same middle management team who recently worked for Bud Light, and was 'so helpful' to that brand's recent marketing efforts? These are the same people. Their marketing philosophy is to piss off their customer base! Man... was that succesful for Bud Light... as it will be as successful for McAfee and their dammed, popup, nag screens, disruptive spam screens!

I'll ride this current subscription out until it expires. If McAfee hasn't, by that time, eliminated this new, spammy, nag screeny, pop-up ad marketing campaign, then I'm going with another company for my computer protection. I recommend that all others who are also annoyed and frustrated by the constant popup, spammy, nag screen ads that McAfee is including with their PAID subscriptions, I recommend that you also jump to another anti-virus software program!!

McAfee... what say you? (As if I'm really expecting a positive answer...)

smittymc1953
Contributor
Message 45 of 66

agree 100%it's disturbing Mcafee would think this is alright. I will also not be renewing very annoying..

StopTheAds
Contributor
Message 46 of 66

The information Alerts thing says learn more for me too. of course you don't really learn a single thing upon clicking it, except that its just about time to jump ship.

I recall going into that setting almost first thing and unticking boxes when i purchased MacAfee for this system not too long ago, maybe even just a year. just like the screenshot at the top of the forum. I thought I noticed myself getting these weird popups more and more. one scramble for some stupid "disappearing act" settings I cant find, and a google search later and here I am.

The fact that McAfee is trying to do this on the slick is sinful. and the deflection is more than insulting

if the company somehow thinks annoying the hell out of already paying customers with ads; after having a generally worthwhile antivirus for YEARS will somehow make them more money.... then yall tech supports dodging the questions need to stop replying here, pissing us off, and bring this to the heads of the companies best yall can... start calling meetings, and show them this forum and many others if need be.

GET RID OF THE ADS WITHOUT DELAY. YOU ARE NOT SLICK. WE ARE PISSED OFF. WE WILL DISCONTINUE SERVICE.

There are other antiviruses' MacAfee.

Good people are asking for the minimum, after shilling hundreds of dollars out already

you have a decent thing. listen well and don't ruin it. 

DO NOT DELAY. WE WONT.

KarthikC
Contributor
Message 47 of 66

Same issue for me. In my other laptop I have Avast there is no nonsense like this. Waiting for my subscription to complete and change this also. If the Mcafee is not ready to listen to customers

BrixTec
Contributor
Message 48 of 66

How do we stop these McAfee Ads.  They are annoying and disruptive which hampers our productivity.

I have gone through this entire thread and found no solution.  Please let us know now so we can either make the appropriate configuration changes or move on to another security service -- They are many.

Thanks,

SickofYourPopup
Contributor II
Message 49 of 66

I uninstalled the software today. 

I still have time left on my subscription, too but I am so tired of the runaround with this company.  

The app appears to uses Edge components to spam our desktops.  When we removed Edge as a test to try to stop the spam, the entire McAfee app ceased to function. But at least the spam stopped! 😉

We restored Edge, app works, spam returns.   What a terrible design.

Mbecks
Contributor III
Message 50 of 66

There is no way to get rid of the pop-up ads. I have documented McAfee support telling me there is nothing they can do on this Reddit post.

get rid of McAfee once you paid period is up. It is not ok for adware to be built into the software we pay for to prevent adware.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community