cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DannyCh
Contributor III
Message 11 of 66

Re: Is there a way to stop McAfee's PopUp ads?

@N4AOF 

Well put!

Customer service is part of what we pay for. This trying to sweep any customer service issues under the rug, rather than addressing them publicly, goes against the point of using a forum.

Ultimately this lack of interest in helping the customer is going to hurt McAfee, so it's sad/ weird to see such a weak response.

Best of luck.

Venkat_YM
Message 12 of 66

Hi @N4AOF 

Greetings from McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We would like to let you know those alerts are genuine McAfee alerts about our product PC optimizer and its features. Those are advertising pop ups where you can skip the pop ups. However, we will share your feedback to the respective team.

Regards,
Venkat

N4AOF
Contributor III
Message 13 of 66

I have always known they were "genuine McAfee" ads, even when McAfee was strenuously denying it.  None of the false excuses McAfee offered ever stood up to any scrutiny.

You are either misinformed or lying when you say "Those are advertising pop ups where you can skip the pop ups." because the whole point of this thread is that there is no way to avoid McAfee's stupid and incompetent constant popup advertisements that you pretend are "notifications"

It is particularly annoying that the idiots in McAfee marketing department have configured their stupid popups to be triggered based on the time remaining on a subscription using the false assumption that all McAfee subscriptions must be for only one year.  I am in the 25th month of my 36 month subscription -- which makes your idiotic popups all assume that I have just started using McAfee this month because obviously your marketing idiots think anyone who has 11½ months left must have just started using McAfee two weeks ago.

Here's a hint for the fools in your marketing department:  take all your stupid ads out of the business and enterprise versions of your products because business and enterprise users are not amused by the incompetence displayed by the fools in your marketing department.  

DannyCh
Contributor III
Message 14 of 66

Hi @Venkat_YM 

I've been following this thread, as it echoes my problems.

You say: "We would like to let you know those alerts are genuine McAfee alerts about our product PC optimizer and its features."

It's already been clearly stated that this advertising is a a built-in feature.

Then you say: "Those are advertising pop ups where you can skip the pop ups."

Screenshots have been shared showing that the pop-ups cannot be turned off.

What was the point of your post? Was it to intentionally insult people frustrated with the problem?

Because telling us something we already know, then saying something flat-out wrong isn't a help.

Can you please get your line manager into the chat?

Regards

ReadableMars
Contributor
Message 15 of 66

I think there is just no way stopping PopUp ads

DannyCh
Contributor III
Message 16 of 66

Hi @Venkat_YM 

It's been a week since I asked that your supervisor join the chat. Is there a reason they cannot help?

JandP
Contributor II
Message 17 of 66

I sure wish I could get that screen.  I don't get any options on the Informational Alerts screen, except "learn more".  But I am really, really tired of these McAfee advertisements for more products and services from McAfee.  Especially since one reason I installed McAfee was to get away from the really, really annoying advertisements from Norton/Symantec.

DannyCh
Contributor III
Message 18 of 66

@Venkat_YM 

@Sudharsanam_G1 

How long has it been since I asked for a supervisor to join the chat?

Why don't you care about basic customer service?

EWS_Fsociety
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 19 of 66

I join this discussion a bit late.

Please excuse me.

Advertising should be removed from consumer products as well, anyway McAfee having sold its branch of professional products, the question no longer arises for this range of products.
Indeed, these advertisements are detrimental to the product. Several people I recommended McAfee to no longer use it because of this.
When you have paid for a license, you don't want to be bothered by advertising.
The Total protection version loses options (FileLock, parental control for example) and the prices remain the same, plus advertising, it's totally counterproductive.
I don't think I'll keep my McAfee products because of this as well.

DannyCh
Contributor III
Message 20 of 66

@Venkat_YM 

Still waiting on an appropriate escalation of this problem.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community