cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PMWells
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Internet Security 2011 - Activation Issue

I have an issue activating Internet Security 2011 - 3PC version. Running Windows Vista 32bit and IE8. The software installs without issue but when it comes to activating the product it brings up the box Activating your product and it just sits on this screen with a 'please wait while we connect to McAfee.com' and nothing happens.. I have tried to uninstall Internet Security(IS) and used the uninstall tool to fully remove the IS2011 product and tried reinstall but still no joy.. Any ideas.. I activated Internet Secuirty 2010 without issue..

6 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

Re: Internet Security 2011 - Activation Issue

Hello PMWells,

Could you please let us know if you are still facing issues with activating the product, If yes, please send me a private message so as we shall arrange a call back for you to diagnose the issue and get it fixed.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

marshaad
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

I have exactly the same issue. 

Decided to clean build McAfee when it was time to renew my license.  I deleted the existing installation with the McAfee remover tool.  The new version loaded without problem but refuses to "Activate".  Followed all the on-line advice including the regedit fix.  Nothing.

Vista 64 SP2

McAfee Total Protection 2011

IE9

I can't believe such a tiny bit of software can be so utterly useless and consume so much time.....

LonelyTripper
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

Hi Marshaad,

Please make sure your Date and Time on your computer in uptodate.

If you have any ThirdPartySoftware on your computer it may block the McAfee Activation eg:- Norton, Avast ......

you can remove the other programs from Programs and Features from Control Panel

If your not removing the McAfee properly from the computer you would face the problem

Please find the link to McAfee Removal Tool http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

Restart the computer

If you have already renewed the subscription please login to https://home.mcafee.com/Secure/Protected/Login.aspx

and install the renewed product

If you purchased the product as a CD folllow the instructions

Install the product at the end of the installation it would ask you weather your an Existing User or New User opt for Existing User            and register the product with the email address you used earlier.

This should fix your issue Marshaad

Regards

Jerry    

marshaad
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Jerry, thanks for this.  But I've done all of these things to no avail.

My only previous Virus checker was McAfee right from taking the computer out of the box.  I used the removal tool (I've fallen foul of that problem before on a previous computer).  I've bought a new CD (it's less than half the price of on-line renewal) and opted for both new and existing user in two seperate attempts.  Yada.  Still the spinning wheel of death. "please wait while we connect to McAfee.com".

Any other suggestions?

Alex

Dinz
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Hi marshaad,

Please try the below steps and update us on the outcome.

• Click the Windows Button and type cmd.exe into the search bar.
    Right-click cmd.exe in the search list, and select Run as Administrator.
  • Type the following  :
  • regsvr32 jscript.dll & press enter
  • regsvr32 vbscript.dll & press enter

• Click the Windows Button and type cmd.exe into the search bar.
  • Right-click cmd.exe in the search list, and select Run as Administrator.
  • Type the following text, then press ENTER:

c:\program files\mcafee\msc\mcoemmgr.exe /regserver

3. Delete temp files & cookies

4. Right-click the M icon in your taskbar and select either Activate, or  Register, & follow the instructions

If  you still encounter the same issues in activating the product, please click on Useful links at the top of the page and get connected to our chat technicians and they will help you get the programs activated.

Regards,

jaymfe
Former Member
Message 7 of 7

In addition, please make sure that no proxyconnection is configured with internet Explorer connection settings.

Open Internet Explorer >> Tools >>Internet Options >> Connections (TAB) >> Lan Settings >>Uncheck all the options >> Click OK >> Click Apply button.

Try to activate McAfee now.

Best of luck

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community