cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
viking96
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

Installation Incomplete- We couldn't install any of the security features etc.....

Hi, I have just tried doing what you wrote and I still have problems installing it, I get the same message still that it couldn`t fully install some of the things McAfee has to offer, we installed it on my parents PC earlier, but when I try to do the same on my pc it won`t let me! any help?

9 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 10

Re: Installation Incomplete- We couldn't install any of the security features etc.....

​,

You were replying to a thread that was over 3 years old. The software has changed since then, and what may have applied back then to resolve your issues, may not work at the present time. I have created a thread on your behalf, hope fully someone will add to the discussion as I have to step away for a while.

If not the case I will attempt to assist you upon my return.

All the Best,

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 10

Re: Installation Incomplete- We couldn't install any of the security features etc.....

What operating system is this and is it totally up to date?  What security software was installed previously?

This also may help you:

How To Uninstall/Reinstall McAfee Consumer Products EXCEPT Anti-Theft

viking96
Former Member
Message 4 of 10

I am running my pc on a windows 10 and i am pretty sure everything is upto date, and my only security software is windows defender

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 10

​,

Unlike Prior versions of Windows, Windows Defender is no longer compatible with any Anti-Virus application in Windows 10, due to it's own Anti-Virus Capabilities. Did you follow the FAQ that Ex_Brit inserted,in post #2?  Running two Anti-Virus Applications can cause conflicts between the software.

It can also corrupt your installation....

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 10

Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and uninstall ALL McAfee products listed there.  Reboot if asked to.

Try running the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool to make sure there are no remnants left on your machine of the unsuccessful attempt.

Reboot.

Then try installing again.

If unsuccessful once again, please contact Technical Support by phone, it's free of charge.

viking96
Former Member
Message 7 of 10

I didnt see Ex_Brit's comment, but how can I solve it? Do I need to uninstall Windows Defender for McAfee total protection to successful install?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 10

Simply follow the suggestions\advice in his prior post #5. The McAfee Installer (should) disable Windows Defender.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 10

viking96 wrote:

I didnt see Ex_Brit's comment, but how can I solve it? Do I need to uninstall Windows Defender for McAfee total protection to successful install?

No, as Catdaddy has explained,  installing a 3rd party A/V automatically disables Windows Defender. 

sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 10

Hope your issue is resolved after following the suggestion on post #5. If you still have a issue, please let us know the features that were skipped during installation by the installer. You may also attempt installing features from Navigation>Features>Available Features. Choose any or all of the features listed under Available features and click on "Next". You would be presented with list of features about to be added to your McAfee Protection. Click "Next" again to initiate installation of features.

If unsuccessful once again, please contact Technical Support by phone, it's free of charge.

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community