cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cousins2kuk
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Installation Incomplete - We couldn't install any of the security features included with your software. Help!?

Jump to solution

Dear all.

I wonder whether someone can help?

I have a subscription for McAfee Total Protection 2015. 3 User licence. Currently installed on 1 computer.

My other laptop, I have just upgraded to have a new SSD drive in, and therefore have started with a fresh install of Windows on my laptop. (Restore back to factory default from restore disks). Before swapping in my new hard drive, I uninstalled McAfee from my previous Hard Drive, and looking on my online account profile, this worked.

However, when trying to install McAfee Total Protection I get the following error message time and time again:

"Installation Incomplete - We couldn't install any of the security features included with your software. To fix this you can: Try Installing them again"

I've been browsing through the forums and have tried a number of things, including removing all of the C++ programs listed in the program list. Then re-installing only the 2010 version. Have tried renaming the 3 files in the system 32 folder to add a 12345 after the .ddl file extension.

I have also tried using the McAfee un-installer, and also the pre install manager.

I have also installed all of the latest windows updates... but still I can't get McAfee to install.

No other security software running on my laptop. Have also disabled windows firewall...

The closest I ever got was for error message number 12152 - which occurred just after I tried disabling the fire wall.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cousins2kuk
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Re: Installation Incomplete - We couldn't install any of the security features included with your software. Help!?

Jump to solution

Solved it!

Eventually...

The thing that seemed to do the trick was to go to IE Settings > Advanced, then Click the Reset Button. Restart the computer and start again with the install!

Hope this helps others in the same situation.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Installation Incomplete - We couldn't install any of the security features included with your software. Help!?

Jump to solution

No need to disable Windows Firewall, the software installer will take care of that and it's dangerous to do so anyway.   Did you completely remove all traces of any previous security software including if applicable the use of their removal tool?

Is every aspect of Windows, including Internet Explorer, even if you don't use it, up to date?   12152 could be a server issue.  Try downloading the installer, save it to your desktop, right-click > Properties and Unblock if needed, then reboot and try the installation again.

Technical Support is free of charge by phone here:  Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi

Please retry the installation by downloading a fresh copy of installer from My Account. Post back if the installation succeeds.

cousins2kuk
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Solved it!

Eventually...

The thing that seemed to do the trick was to go to IE Settings > Advanced, then Click the Reset Button. Restart the computer and start again with the install!

Hope this helps others in the same situation.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Great, that's because the software uses IE for background processes, updates, downloads etc. despite your default browser selection.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community