Hi Dave,

Did you notice the below pop-up during the error by any chance

bad image.jpg

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 24

Re: Installation Error - Anti Virus Plus

Thank you Selvan   I made it a 'Topic of discussion' for 1/10/2017.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
hitech_redneck
Former Member
Message 13 of 24

Hello Selvan,  There was no pop-up at all. It was a generic "failed to install" error at 80%. There were no specifics given.

By chance, can you or someone provide me a link to the AntiVirus Plus 2017 product? I'd like to try and install that and see if I have the same problems. I believe that despite there being two separate installers I am seeing, the actual product is AntiVirus Plus v14 R11 which is the 2016 version I believe. Thanks

hitech_redneck
Former Member
Message 14 of 24

Were there any developments to this issue on the call from 1/10?  I'm no longer trying to install until I can get a confirmation the issue is fixed. And when 2017 is being released officially. Thank you all.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 24

They are still working on the (15.1 R0 )Version/Build. Hopefully it will be soon that it starts being throttled out again for release. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 16 of 24

Hi Dave,

By 2017 version do you mean the below GUI. If Yes then you need to wait for a few days as the current update to new UI has been temporarily stopped. I will add to this thread if there is more information.

Orion.png

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 24

Please see the latest review on 14.0 R12 ;

This test was done using McAfee Internet Security without our new Next Gen AV Engine with Real Protect, test results based on our product with the new AV engine are expected first half of 2017 

The detailed results of the test on McAfee Internet Security (2017) can be found here

Compliments to our 'Senior Level Engineer DougK

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
hitech_redneck
Former Member
Message 18 of 24

Yes Selvan that is the 2017 UI I was referring to. I still am getting the Green & Gray colored one when I download my Anti Virus Plus and LiveSafe products from mcafee.com.  Thanks

smartcat
Contributor II
Message 19 of 24

I had same errors during the installation of McAfee versions 14 and 15 , even call to tech support and had 1X1 session with "Senior Technician" . All ended up with installing older version of McAfee. from here

http://us.mcafee.com/apps/mdm/en-us/6.8_asp/getdownloadmgr.asp and then update it manually from UI  ... but day or two later, after updates were installed ( automatically) McAfee stopped working . symptoms were:

Fire wall was off and cannot be turned on, updates immediately bailed out after the click on  UI links...

So saying all of that, here what needs to be done to fix this mcmscins.dll eror. ( this is only for win 7)

1.Completely uninstall McAfee using latest MCPR.exe

2.Do windows updates in following order:

2.1. Windows6.1-KB3020369-x64

2.2 Windows6.1-kb3125574

2.3 Windows6.1-KB3172605-x64

3. Download latest Mcafee from the site and install it.

You  will spend all day doing that.

I am using McAfee for more then 10 years, and now so disappointed of product quality.

Software has serious  bugs. Most visible to me are:

1. QcShm.exe is running multiple instances and keep adding them, so fare I had 80 instances and each using about 5 M of memory...   (It was discussed in one of the topics, but answer is not near to satisfactory. "we know about it, and it will take 2 month to fix it." Really!? It should not be deployed with that bug to public  in the first place! Its suggest that  McAfee does not QA its own work.)

Another one is even better, almost every updates has an installation issue. When trying to open McAfee it displayed a message that "wait until installation will completed", and it could be like that for DAYS! Only restart of the PC will allow to reopen of MC UI and then manually update ... ( same issues on 3 different PCs with win 7 )

While  waiting for" installation to completed" firewall stop working, by not letting any traffic in or out, and if you are running  web site on your box, it cannot be reached, and who knows what other holes got opened...

So how can I be sure that 2017 version of the product will work?

Here is an advise : May be instead of spending money for "New and improved" interface, improve your QA departments.

If your build depends on some Win updates, why not to check if update is exists on client system prier to installation, and then deploy it. If win. updates do not exists then raise the flag and demand for update...

McAfee has all clients emails, then why not to be proactive and send a note to all of us that " here are the known issues , and here are the ETA for resolution".

Me, as a consumer, do not really care who doped the ball, all I care that product which I payed for is doing exactly what it was advertised. " worry free and 100% guaranty" .

I am a software developer for more then 25 years, and I KNOW what I am talking about.

Very disappointed!

hitech_redneck
Former Member
Message 20 of 24

Anyone know if the 2017 (ver 15) is available for download yet? In Anti Virus Plus, Live Safe, or any of them?  I'm holding off installing until it's available. Thx

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community