cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrustratedInc
Former Member
Message 11 of 13

Re: Increasing Problem with Dysfunctional Software-Update Delivery Servers At McAfee?

I didn't have any pop-ups or alerts in the system, Mcafee Internet Security is the only security software installed on my computer, my windows updates are current. I have a dial-up connection, is that the problem? It was never a problem before. There is a problem with auto updates and I am not the only person who has complained. If you read through some of the threads, you will see that other people have complained about auto updates. I will just manually check for updated until my subscription expires. I see this problem is not going to be resolved.

Peacekeeper
Message 12 of 13

Re: Increasing Problem with Dysfunctional Software-Update Delivery Servers At McAfee?

Try what Bala suggested ie post the ping results also try resetting Internet explorer to defaults sometimes it gets nessed up.

FrousteFaireElk
Former Member
Message 13 of 13

I have, for 5 years,

1]
I have had an https McAfee Page as my Home Page. My Home Page  is protected from being heisted.
2]
The first thing I do, before opening my browser, is to check for and to update my security software...and to check for and update an security update releases from Microsoft-Windows. I do date + time stamped print-screen verifications of all security updates.
3]
I then do a Full Scan Disk, Defrag  and Back-Up of my operating system onto separate hard-drive.
4]
I restart my computer, allowing for install and alignment of any and all security updates for my operating system.
5]
I first check mail, then open my browser and go online and do any personal business and work.
6]
After I complete my online business; I do a full clean-wash of online activity; followed by a Full Scan Disk, DeFrag.
7]
No less than 2 times a week I do a Full Virus and MVT scan of my system; and throughout the last several months a Full Avert Scan. I make and store date + time stamped print-screen copies of all these security scans of my operational system.

I keep a clean and lean and security updated operating system. It is a daily, unaltered discipline.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community