cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CrisV
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Incorrect advertising..

This advertising is incorrect.. it says current available memory as 25% but in reality this is the used memory.. I know the difference but others may not.. maybe someone at McAfee can fix it later.. this may be intentional.. I don't know.. Cheers..

mcafee-memory-warning-4a.png

3 Replies
Nagesh_G
Message 2 of 4

Re: Incorrect advertising..

Hi @CrisV ,

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused, It might be some updates for the computer running in the background so that Memory used is low . as an alternate option kindly delete the temp files and prefetch files from the computer so that it will increase the memory usage .

Regards

Nagesh G

Adam3
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I also have this issue. Data capture for the startup process confirmed that memory usage peaked at 18% - I then got an advert from McAfee claiming that my memory only had 18% remaining, and I should buy a new product from them to help.

I suspect my 128GB is probably enough......

The last poster provided you with empirical data that you entirely ignored, and provided him with an excuse that was already disproved by that data. Poor effort - you could at least have tried to provide a better lie. It is intriguing that McAfee only just noticed these 'performance issues' when they had a product they wanted to sell.

Be careful - this is illegal misrepresentation under US law, and certainly in several other jurisdictions - I suggest you check with your international law representatives. And possibly apologize to the other poster for lying?

drp16
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I had this happen to my brand new laptop. How could I have low memory on day 1 of owning my new computer? Does anyone know how to change the settings so I'm only getting legit pop ups for virus scans etc?

If not, do you know of any other virus protection company that sells antivirus that is less confusing to use, doesn't use these tricks to make you click and upgrade when you don't even need it?

I feel like I pay for protection to avoid pop-ups that are malicious but at the same time Mcafee is malicious! 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community