cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWL
Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Re: Inbound events: not appearing

Okay, have looked at the log from MVT and the report says everything is alright, for all sections

But to be honest I don't understand a jolly thing about it.

So, if it says all is okay, could it be telling something else too that I am not picking up?

Is there a McAfee "thing" that one may send it to who can make proper sense of it?

CrazyChuck
Former Member
Message 12 of 14

Okay JWL,

Let's make sure we're talking about the same location in McAfee Security Center. I'm providing a picture of the location is that the place? The second question. You didn't download your ISP's firewall by mistake did you  ?

invalid Packet.jpg

JWL
Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Yes, that is what I was talking about initially.

Then it was suggested I checked the McAfee Virtual Technician log - being the log I last referred to.

I think I am more on the correct track now.  (Derriere on the chair and more effort on my part required!)

Thanks very much for all your help.

CrazyChuck
Former Member
Message 14 of 14

Certainly JWL,

Now that Peter showed you how to get to permission in McAfee Secuity Center I see you've really have the focus down right. That's what it takes.

Let's see if I can shade some light on the McAfee Virtual Technician. Learning how to read this absolutely awesome tool by McAfee tells you just what's wrong with your machine. It's a tool that may take some real study to understand I know it took me sometime to get it down to a good understanding. It virtual shows you every thing to start troubleshooting with. For example if your VirusScan is out of date it can update right then and, there. So take a good study of it and learn how and, when to use it. It's a whole world of information to take advantage.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community