cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karthiks
Former Member
Message 11 of 18

Re: In win 8,when you change the high contraste theme, for select different color, the color selected afeect Mcaffe program.

I have sent an email to my higher level managers to check your issue. I will update you once I get the response

karthiks
Former Member
Message 12 of 18

Re: In win 8,when you change the high contraste theme, for select different color, the color selected afeect Mcaffe program.

I have checked with Engineering team regarding this, please find the response below

This would be as designed. The main UI is ultimately an IE control with the IE engine controlling the rendering. This is directly affected by the contrast changes.

So it is normal

Message was edited by: karthiks on 4/7/13 10:51:47 PM CDT
rafaelcordova
Former Member
Message 13 of 18

But this should not be, because the colors are modified Total Protection program. I think the windows color changes should not affect the program because it does not display correctly

karthiks
Former Member
Message 14 of 18

I do understand your concern, but as per the DEV statement it is not an issue so as of now you can continue using this McAfee. If you see any good changes please update here.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 18

Karthik I'm emailing you and Doug about this.   I don't agree with DEV (Product Developers for anyone reading this) that this should be considered normal.  The end result makes it very hard for a sight-impaired person to read and use the GUI.

Rafael, I agree with you, it shouldn't be happening the way it is so am appealing their decision.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 09/04/13 7:03:11 EDT AM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 18

I'm told that any changes to improve this probably wont appear until the next version, which could be next year, sorry.  ;-(

karthiks
Former Member
Message 17 of 18

I do agree with this peter, hoping to get the fix soon

djfil
Former Member
Message 18 of 18

2 years later... still no change.  this is really sad support for anyone with visual impairments.  really need a UI overhaul in terms of how it renders.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community