Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 1 of 9

ID Protection for debit cards

What will happen if I add my debit card last 4 digits number in the field asking for Credit card monitoring? It has accepted the last 4 digits. Will it monitor that also? I mean debit card as my debit card's last 4 digits are provided. @Venkat_YM @CraigSchmugar 

8 Replies
The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: ID Protection for debit cards

@Peacekeeper please share your insights into the matter.

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 9

Sorry I only a user now like  you. As I have been a volunteer mod here for 15 years prior to McAfee dumping helpers and now a recognised helper I have been on free versions.  I have never been asked for that.

I see  mod says it is only for ID verification.  Personally I do not like it being requested but that is my view.

Ok reread your post you are asking about monitoring credit cards.. sorry never used this feature the mcafee staff you asked ar better to answer this.

The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Here is the screenshot of McAfee's privacy disclosure. Under the sub heading of Data we collect for dark web monitoring. It says credit/debit card numbers. Waiting for a reply @Venkat_YM in this regard.

Screenshot_20240205_112756_McAfee Security.jpg

The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 9

@krishna55 please acknowledge this post and provide me a reply after enquiring into the matter.

The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 9

@Nagesh_G please acknowlege my post and provide me a satisfactory reply in this regard after enquiring into the matter. Its been more than a week since I have posted my query and yet not received a single reply from McAfee Mods or employees. Kindly acknowledge this post and have a conversation with me in this regard.

The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 9

@Venkat_YM @Nagesh_G @krishna55 @CraigSchmugar does anybody acknowledge this post in this forum?

krishna55
Message 8 of 9

Hi @The_Eagle_007,

Greetings from McAfee.

Currently we have the option to add credit card number and bank account number.

Regards,
Krishnamanikandan KS

Venkat_YM
Message 9 of 9

Hi @The_Eagle_007 

Sorry for not getting back to you at the earliest.

Please find the below article for more information regards to what are the identities information can be monitored with the help of McAfee Identity monitoring service.

FAQs for McAfee Identity Monitoring

Alternatively, you can always contact chat support using the link below for immediate assistance or call our helpline number 24/7 (866-622-3911) US.

McAfee Chat Support

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Venkat

McAfee Protection Score 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community