cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 11 of 20

Re: I want to remove McAfee Safe Connect

Wait for  @RagothKarnan he seems to PM the way though I just removed it normally via windows remove programs way.

If no reply from him Pm one of the mods

RagothKarnan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 12 of 20

Hello @Fixgeer 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused with the product uninstallation. I have sent a private message to you. Kindly reply to that.

Regards,
Ragoth Karnan 

Anchor_Free
Contributor
Message 13 of 20

I got a very concerning private message from agothKarnan (Moderator) asking to get remote access to my computer.  Why not just post the solution in pulbic if you have a solution?  I still have the problem as there was no way I was going to give agothKarnan (Moderator) remote access to my computer.

Peacekeeper
Message 14 of 20

The knowledge base artice re uninstalling safe connect agrees with my way ie uninstall using add remove programs in windows.

If mod is er secretive I would say he wants to clean all safe connect registry entries. Normally this is not for public dispersal. Really up to him to elaborate but they (the mods) are safe and trustworthy when having remote access. 

I have allowed this many times when I was a volunteer mod here for 15 years. 

EvilAp
Contributor
Message 15 of 20

I am also having problems with Safe Connect not allowing removal.  Can someone help me rid my computer of this pop-up ad, PLEASE?

Peacekeeper
Message 16 of 20

If the way I mentioned above fails best hope a mod sees this as that way is the way the FAQ says.

EvilAp
Contributor
Message 17 of 20

Thanks for the reply.  🙂

I am hoping for the private email secret sauce because I am having no luck with the Windows standard program/application removal process.  Anything I have read beyond that (outside these forums) starts diving into the registry and is outside my comfort zone.

Pw
Contributor
Message 18 of 20

Please let me know how to uninstall this program McAfee safe connect
Peacekeeper
Message 19 of 20

@RagothKarnan 

Can You please PM this user the way to remove safe connect that seems not to be in the FAQ.

BenCherre
Contributor
Message 20 of 20

Hi @RagothKarnan

I would also like to remove mcAffee, but am not sure whether "AncorFree" is safe to elevate. Please your advice on how to remove it
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community