cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doverggm
Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Re: I want to remove McAfee Safe Connect

I have this exact problem. Downloaded with no warning when I downloaded Adobe. I have tried uninstall and it's still there interrupting what I am doing. Very annoying.  Has anyone solved this issue?

lmy813
Contributor
Message 12 of 14

I finally got rid of this I think.  The quick work around is to choose "Limited Protection" when that stupid window comes up and then you can go to settings and turn off the start-up launch and prevent it from pinging your wi fi.  But I wanted it off my computer.  I made sure I was signed in with administrator rights, went to settings, Apps, i right-clicked on it from the list of programs/apps and chose uninstall.  I also went through and deleted all the files I could find as the uninstall doesn't completely clean it up.  there's still some things I can't delete because "not found", but it seems to be pretty much gone.

I wanted to purchase their virus scan software and accidentally purchased the "free trial" for this; when I realized my mistake I wanted to cancel to avoid charges at the end of the free trial.  It took me an hour on the phone (the only way to cancel is by phone) and I finally got it.

These guys suck.

alanjkirkham
Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Ihave this now and it keeps stopping me connecting to the internet.

I dont see why we should have to faff around looking for solutions McAfee shold just take it off!!

Didnt ask for it

dont want it

Macafee TAKE IT OFF!!

bats
Contributor
Message 14 of 14

McAfee added two prechecked boxes in the screen you need to download Flash. I, too, am unable to uninstall it; it seems to override windows programs and go to dddb0e3... a program from Anchor Free, Inc. which apparently has a bad reputation on the net.

Someone needs to clean up this mess; I'm starting with Adobe, originator of Flash and benefactor of allowing McAffee to do this to all of us.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community