cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r_mklassen
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

I want to remove McAfee Safe Connect

How do I remove McAfee safe connect.  The icon doesn't open anything.  It's annoying and I think it is causing problems with my web browsers.

The add/remove apps option in settings says I'm not allowed to remove it.

13 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 14

Re: I want to remove McAfee Safe Connect

Can You assist this user please

Chinthanai Selvan P

director1
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

i have tried several things and am having the same problem. i even tried the removal tool but it didn't remove the McAfee Safe Connect. 

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 14

I have emailed a Tier 3 engineer on your behalf. Hopefuly we will hear something in short order.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 14

I just received the following correspondence :

Hi Cliff,

Please ensure that you have an administrator rights to do so.

Right click on the icon and select Run as admin.

Regards,

Dillysul Cal

Tier III Technical Support, Support Engineering Operations

Consumer Mobile

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
director1
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Thanks for that. I tried and it makes absolutely no difference. Its inreasingly frustrating

director1
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

I am unable to find the program to open in administrator access, it is in my apps and shows in the program list when i try to uninstall it. It cannot be opened in administrator. It downloaded with flash player and i have literally tried everything. It's extremely frustrating

Tags (1)
pjmccready
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

I also need to get rid of this mess of safe connect.  It slows my computer, when I try to sign on.  It is annoying.

gerrit
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

So can McAfee please offer step by step to get rid of it please.  It's a bad thing for McAfee and Me and it won't go away!!!  TELL ME HOW!

John_Worthing
Contributor
Message 10 of 14

I downloaded Mcafee Safe Connect at the same time as Flash.  I haven't activated the Mcafee program but it keeps popping up on the screen and is annoying.  When I try to uninstall it Windows asks whether I want an app called 709f058.msi to make changes to the computer.  I haven't allowed it as I don't know what this app is.  I tried Googling it with no useful result.  Does anyone know what to do about this?  Is it safe to use this 709f058.msi app?  Would be grateful for some guidance.

On a side note, I don't think there was any warning that this Mcafee program would be downloaded with Flash, which seems extremely unethical.  Why are Mcafee doing this?  surely they should be avoiding this sort of cowboy behaviour, and acting more professionally.  I have used Mcafee AV products in the past but not for a few years now.  Would be reluctant to go back to them if this is how they carry on.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community