cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinfamily12
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

I have livesafe installed, but keep getting popups warning of malware

I have run livesafe,  it is an active subscription and it says there are no issues.  I keep getting chrome popups telling me I have trojans and that my mcafee is expired and inviting me to buy total protection.   I have not clicked on any of the popup links.  Why would I need both products

1 Reply
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 2

Re: I have livesafe installed, but keep getting popups warning of malware

Hi @martinfamily12 

Greetings from Mcafee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We would like to let you know the pop ups you received from the browser is a scam pop ups not from the original source.

As McAfee wouldn't send pop up alerts from the browser. In order to remove browser fake virus alerts please refer our article on the given below link.

Your browser displays fake McAfee notifications

Alternatively, you can always contact chat support using the link below for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Venkat

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community