cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flojoewiggi
Contributor
Message 11 of 26

Re: I cannot adjust the size or scroll through the McAfee window

Same Problem here after the latest App Update.... How to zoom out?

Screenshot 2023-04-20 183354.png

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 12 of 26

hello,

i received on both of my computers this new version. when i noticed that the new version was installed i did a reboot and opened after that the mcafee app and have no problems with the size format.

maybe a reinstall could solve the issue and is worht a try perhaps ?

article on how to remove from pc;

McAfee KB - How to remove McAfee products from a Windows PC (TS101331)

option 1 describes the standard removel in Windows

and do reboot when complete and go forward with option 2 using the MCPR tool aswell from the article and reboot again.

when done go to your mcafee account and login to download new install file.

it is possible that it will install the version of R51  first or it will update to new version direct after downloading the latest updates.

if you  notice that the mcafee icon on your desktop is not there anymore you will probably have the new R107 version and reboot before opening the mcafee app. to go further.

reinstalling will often solve the issue.....................

hope this helps

Mardel
Contributor II
Message 13 of 26

Thanks for the help. I will try the reinstall, but I am nervous about that since I've never had luck with the uninstall and reinstall exercise.  McAfee doesn't seem to want to do a clean uninstall.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 26

hello @Mardel 

thanks for your reply.

if you follow the steps from the article mcafee should be removed from the computer without problems.

i have done some reinstalls when new versions come out and sofar no problems going forward.

always best ofcourse to make backup of your private files ect before starting removel proces.

but if you don't trust yourself you can always contact live mcafee support by chat and ask if they can assist;

https://www.mcafee.com/support/contact

sometimes reinstalling can help fixing issues.

Peacekeeper
Message 15 of 26

I second cyberdude's suggestion. I have uninstalled many times over the years and had no issues. Maybe this will fix it.

Mardel
Contributor II
Message 16 of 26

Thanks to all for your kind support.  I will uninstall / reinstall tomorrow and jump back here to let you all know it was successful (fingers crossed!).

ventoacqua
Contributor II
Message 17 of 26

I have the exact same problem

The program window is too small, the format doesn't allow navigating in the menu and it's impossible to put it in full window on the screen

11.jpg

I tried changing the screen text resolution - no results

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program - no results

I tried contacting customer support - no results, they said they "were aware of the issue and were working on fixing it"

Two months after the purchase (which I bitterly regretted) it's still impossible for me to access most of the program's options, given that the size of the window makes it impossible to reach them

Peacekeeper
Message 18 of 26

It is not a screen resolution issue usually a display text size issue where Mcafee likes 100% not larger. That said if this is not the fix it could be a bug in the new version. What version do you have latest is R108. I am still on R51 so cannot check this.

Mardel
Contributor II
Message 19 of 26

I, too, uninstalled and reinstalled the software but it did not fix the problem.  I have not had access to most of the functions since I cannot scroll through the window to select.  The support has not solved this issue.  I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

Mardel
Contributor II
Message 20 of 26

My screen resolution is at 100% and I have the latest version of R108.  This has been an issue for quite some time - I'm hoping it is a bug that is being fixed very soon.

Thanks.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community