cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marion483
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

I can't install McAfee Antivirus Software!

When I downloaded McAfee (which I bought), the installer seemed to be working fine, but then after it asked me to log in, A white box showed up saying "This Content Cannot Be Displayed in A Frame." What can I do to fix this?  See the attached image for the full error message.

8 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

Re: I can't install McAfee Antivirus Software!

Moved this to Consumer > General > Discussions.

Make sure your operating system is totally up to date, including, even if you never use it, Internet Explorer and it's add-ons.

What is you system anyway?

Also make sure any previous antivirus is uninstalled completely, using their removal tool if necessary.

If it was McAfee installed previously, follow these guidelines: http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101331&lang=en-GB&prior_tid=1114051872&AnswerID=1677...

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

marion483
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

@Ex_Brit Thanks for your reply.

I previously had Microsoft Security Essentials but I uninstalled it.

I will try updating my Operating System, (Windows 7) and Internet Explorer. I had previously disabled automatic updating, so Windows is probably not up to date. I will enable it now.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 9

OK your 7 should be SP1 and IE should be v.11.x - the x varies according to where you are.

Technical Support may be your best bet, it's free by phone or online chat and linked in my post above.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 9

Best if you are still having issues to call Technical support I assume in IE/tools/internet options/advanced that use TLS 1.1 and the others are enabled

Services and Support for Home and Office

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 9

If I may add, if you do not have Service Pack 1 installed. Please follow these Guidelines/Suggestions:

All the Best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
spakes
Former Member
Message 7 of 9

I had this same problem this weekend (January 7-8, 2017) while installing McAfee Total Protection on Windows Vista SP2.  On Vista, the latest version of IE is 9.  Everything was up-to-date...Windows Update reports only 2 optional updates, which are Skype and Silverlight (neither of which I want to install).

The problem turned out to be that my security settings in Internet Options were too restrictive.  Thank you Mr. Prakash Nair from McAfee Technical Support who logged into my machine remotely and fixed the problem.  I could have fixed the problem myself if I had known this was the problem.  Just go into Internet Options and click "Restore Defaults".  Then start up IE and choose to use the recommended defaults.

I am posting this for the sake of anyone else who has this problem and searches the community.

You're welcome.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 9

Thank you for your invaluable input.   I am marking this as 'Assumed Answered', and Locking it as it is over a year old.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
misa
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Was there a solution. I'm having the same error and none of the suggestions work.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community