cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blades
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

I can not run a manual virus scan, nor can I chat with support

I have McAfee Security Center.  When I open the Security Center Window it says I am protected, My last update check was today  11/14/09, My last scan was 11/13/09. When I click on Scan the window blinks and it remains the same dashboard. When I click on Basic Menu. I can access the Update link successfully but nothing happen when I click on Scan. I have tried changing my Scan time but it remain at 4 am Friday.  I can not view the scan results window , I can only see the small pop up window from the tool bar....but what use is that if I am asleep at 5:30 am to see the end result?

I have installed Virtual Technician and EVERYTIME I have to "install  it" to use it...it says everything is everything is functioning properly...it is not I SAY!

What ever do I do?

1 Reply
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: I can not run a manual virus scan, nor can I chat with support

Hi,
Provide some information about the computer as it would help in diagnosing the problem,
What operating system are you using  Windows xp/vista
What is the internet explorer version 7 cipher strength (open IE - click help - click about internet explorer)
How old is the computer?

Regards,
Dinesh K
Mcafee Online community moderator

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community