cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lonneman93
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

I am not able to turn on Real time scanning

I went through and installed some windows 7 recommended updates and know i get a warning telling me real time scanning is not on.  I click turn on tab it the bar turns get and says no action required and 3 seconds later it switches back to red. 

Please help

3 Replies
JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: I am not able to turn on Real time scanning

Hi,

Try to run McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT) this is an automated self-healing tool that can diagnose and fix many problems related to your McAfee product.

You can download and run McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT) from mvt.mcafee.com

If the issue still persists you can run the oas-disabled-fix.cmd utility through the below link:

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/oas-disabled-fix.cmd

By the way, kindly update us with the following information’s:

McAfee Product: Total Protection / Internet Security, etc..?

Version details of installed McAfee Product:-

(Navigation: Open McAfee product > Click About on the top right)

• McAfee Security Center:
  • McAfee Virus Scan:

DAT version:

• McAfee Personal Firewall:
lonneman93
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

I had run MVT prior to posting and received message that was unable to fix 2 problems(missing files & something else).  I found on a message board to check McAfee program for updates and there were updates available and went through this process and problem has been solved so far.

Thanks for the input

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for letting us know the current status of your issue . Glad that you are OK now

Cheers

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community