cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s4ny4
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

I am new at forums and need some help: Microsoft JScript runtime error '800a01a8' at installing Mcafee

Please need some help, I just reinstalled Windows XP Home edition on my pc and after installing the service pack 3 and the needed windows updates I wanted install my Mcafee Total protection programm. I downloaded it from my Mcafee account and it started even to install but the msg showed up that "Installation incomplete"

and after running the Mcafee technician the msg was showed up:

Microsoft JScript runtime error '800a01a8'

I got basically nothing installed yet on my PC so don't know what is the problem. (I installed the newest JAVA they got on the website)

I got cable internet just in case if its important.

Guys please waiting for some quick help, without mcafee I don't want to download anything from the net.

Thx a lot.

4 Replies
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: I am new at forums and need some help: Microsoft JScript runtime error '800a01a8' at installing Mcafee

You might want to contact Technical Support Chat under Useful Links at the top of this page. They have the ability to remote in to your computer to see whats going on.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

Re: I am new at forums and need some help: Microsoft JScript runtime error '800a01a8' at installing Mcafee

Try reinstalling Windows Script for XP:  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=47809025-d896-482e-a0d6-524e7e844d81&Displa...

Jscript and Java are two different things.

If you are in the habit of using registry optimizers and cleaners stop, as these cause this sort of thing.

You may get an error installing the script saying a newer version is already installed, in which case contact Technical Support Chat as k3tg suggested - linked via Useful Links above.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 24/04/10 10:02:21 EDT AM
LakshmiSrinivas
Contributor III
Message 4 of 5

Please let me know if this is the issue you are facing. 

Did you try downloading MVT using this link http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/downloadindex.asp?  This would give the below error

Microsoft JScript runtime

error '800a01a8'

Object required

/mvt/downloadindex.asp, line 60

Pl. note this link is no longer valid and not to be used for downloading MVT.  We are planning to remove this link. 

Install MVT from the this link: http://mvt.mcafee.com and let me know if everything is OK.

thanks.

lakshmi

LakshmiSrinivas
Contributor III
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

1.  Try downloading & running MVT again

2.  If that fails,

Please provide the following information of MSC10 and all other products installed. 'About' will have this information. 

Product name:
Version:

Build:

Affid:

Language:

This information will help me resolve your issue

If possible, please attach screenshots. 

Thanks.

lakshmi

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community