cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmkrautkramer
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

I accidently blocked google chrome and firefox, help me get them back!

Jump to solution

McAfee kept popping up with the message that a program needed my permission to continue, and I wasn't sure what program it was talking about so after a few times of popping up, I was thinking,  weird if this keeps coming up I maybe it's fishy and I should block it, so I did.  It became immediately apparent what i blocked.  Which was Google Chrome itself,  and I had a few months prior accidently done the same thing with Firefox.  So I want them back!  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the programs, thinking maybe McAfee would give them a new chance,  but that didn't work.

Any suggestions?      and I'm not computer savy,  so please help in simple terms?  Thanks a bunch!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
newjack
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Re: I accidently blocked google chrome and firefox, help me get them back!

Jump to solution

HI, I am not sure Aldrin understood what you were saying.If i understand you correctly,you want to add access back to firefox & chrome?You can do it 2 ways.1st if you still have them installed open up Mcafee.Then click firewall,then settings.Then look for program permissions.Open that up.Click add & look for your program firefox,Chrome.It will then give you option to give full or outgoing on tab.Click apply and your done.The other way is to again open Mcafee,firewall,then settings and click on restore defaults.But before you restore defaults,click on security levels(under restore defaults).Then tick outgoing(recommended).Under that click smart advice & settings. click enable smart advice + decide automatically +enable protection on start up.

Then click restore.The firewall will do all the work for you then.Make sure you hit apply after you enable protection during start up.For some reason that is unchecked as the default.Hope that`s what you needed                                                 newjack

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Aldrin
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

It's quiet simple, open McAfee Security Center> Click on Firewall> Settings> Program Permissions> Select the program you wish to remove and click on Delete... (refer the screenshot below as well)

Prog Permis.jpg

newjack
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

HI, I am not sure Aldrin understood what you were saying.If i understand you correctly,you want to add access back to firefox & chrome?You can do it 2 ways.1st if you still have them installed open up Mcafee.Then click firewall,then settings.Then look for program permissions.Open that up.Click add & look for your program firefox,Chrome.It will then give you option to give full or outgoing on tab.Click apply and your done.The other way is to again open Mcafee,firewall,then settings and click on restore defaults.But before you restore defaults,click on security levels(under restore defaults).Then tick outgoing(recommended).Under that click smart advice & settings. click enable smart advice + decide automatically +enable protection on start up.

Then click restore.The firewall will do all the work for you then.Make sure you hit apply after you enable protection during start up.For some reason that is unchecked as the default.Hope that`s what you needed                                                 newjack

mmkrautkramer
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

THanks so much guys!

I got it all sorted out   phew!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community