cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPFloyd
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

How to stop subscription expired popups

My susbcription has auto-renewed again and Security Centre and Verify Subscription confirm this but I keep getting "Your subscription has expired" popups. 

These should stop when the renewal payment has been confirmed!

How do I stop these?

Thanks,

Julian

3 Replies
Veldrik
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to stop subscription expired popups

I have the same problem.

Subsciption (5+ devices) for Total Protection.

Once it renewed, multiple expiration adverts pop up.  If I hit renew or if I check subscription (or right click validate) it says its all good.  Same as the web - says its all good.  However all of my 1709 Enterprise devices are doing this.

I've had the support guys  look at it over log me in.  they wiped and recreated the machine link to the subscription, worked for a little bit, then it reoccured around an hour later.

It's infuriating.  Occurs either daily, or after a login (or reconnect from lock/switch).  It's also invasive.  I could deal with a friendly little standard win10 popup, but not the huge mcafee advert...

Note:  I have also performed a wipe and clean install on one device.  The device where a reinstall was attempted was a 1709  10.0.16299 enterprise release preview device.

Veldrik
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

still no fixes?  This is now affecting 2 of our 8 devices.

Afee
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

It is 24 January 2023, and these idiots still haven't figured out how to make users deal with it. The senselessly huge popup still pops up out of the blue and won't die.

They perhaps think that forced sideloading of their junk on new computers by licking the soles of computer manufactures gives them all rights to invade user experience. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community