cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keesiong
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

How to run autoupdate and on-access scan at login?

Hi,

i'm face with this common situation where my PCs are not updated with the latest antivirus software and get infected as a result. The PCs are not turned on everytime so I set the autoupdate and scan to begin at logon. There are multiple user for each PC. I tried it on my account first and it isn't working. This is what i did. I enabled "On access scanning at system startup" in On-Access Scan properties. At VirusScan Console>Autoupdate>Properties, i set the schedule to Run Task at Logon. When i relogged, i dont see any update or scanning.

Can anyone advise me what else do i need to do?

Thanks,

KS

2 Replies
hemantk
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to run autoupdate and on-access scan at login?

Hello Keesiong.

Are you talking about On-Access Scan OR On-Demand Scan???...

If you are talking about On-Access Scan it's realtime scanning & it starts on windows Startup. And you will not see any PopUp Window for On-Access Scanning, you need to check On-Access Scan Statistics(VirusScan Console--->right click On-Access Scanner--->Statistics).

And regards to Autoupdate you can check VirusScan About to confirm Latest DAT version OR if the DAT is not getting Updated please sent the AutoUpdate Logs.

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to run autoupdate and on-access scan at login?

Hi there,

Please let us know if you are referring about McAfee virus scan enterprise or SaaS programs ????

Regards,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community