cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goingtoNorton
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

How to lose a customer?

Automatic renewal at $69.99!  Bestbuy has Norton on sale this week for $25.

Just so everybody knows, when I called to canel the automatic renewal, they immeidately offered me 50% off.  So, if you paid full price, you got screwed.

I would have stayed with McAfee and paid more than Norton on sale.  But not now, after they renewed me without asking first.

Bad marketing.

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to lose a customer?

Norton AntiVirus 2010 $29.99 "after savings"...that's only $10 less than McAfee VirusScan Plus which includes a firewall, which Norton does not.  It's not up to McAfee to dictate what prices BestBuy charge their customers.

It's your choice so good luck.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 23/01/10 1:33:33 EST PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 4

The McAfee website is offering VirusScan Plus for the same price here:   http://home.mcafee.com/store/package.aspx?pkgid=276

Anti-Virus

Firewall

SiteAdvisor

Norton A/V doesn't include all that.

Capture.JPG

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 23/01/10 1:52:27 EST PM
CrazyChuck
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

SuiteAdviser.JPG

Right on Peter ! Norton Ghost doesn't give you not even half of what McAfee offers. Just SiteAdviser is worth more then Norton Ghost alone. I may call myself CrazyChuck but I'm not a total moron just crazy !

Message was edited by: CrazyChuck on 1/23/10 3:20:45 PM CST

Message was edited by: CrazyChuck on 1/23/10 7:30:44 PM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community