cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jadavey
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

How to delete an online backup set

I have the online backup subscription that came with Total Protection. I need to delete my online backup and start over because I am over my limit. I can't see a way to do something that ought to be pretty easy. I spent an hour with the support chat assist. They reinstalled and said that would solve the problem, though the night before another one said I could do it online. I just did not have my password with me at that time.

Is there a way to just go in and delete so that I can start over?

3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to delete an online backup set

Ok not a user of it but

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100745

read the notes says uninstalling does NOT remove the backup from the servers

and

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100794

If these no use best to wait for a tech who knows the product better

Manoj_AR
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

No, you cannot delete old backups.

Deleting old backups is unnecessary. You most likely won't need to delete anything because your quota is based on your current backup configuration. Data that you no longer back up doesn't count against your current quota.

When you unflag items for backup, the space they take up online is no longer counted against your quota. The data will still be available for you for 30 days, but will not prevent you from backing up up other data

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

To avoid this Over Quota error, you can upgrade your current limited McAfee Online Backup that came with McAfee Total Protection to an unlimited one. So that, you can keep uploading your files without any issues

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community