cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SickofYourPopup
Contributor II
Message 1 of 20

How do I opt out of your marketing popups?

Every day I get marketing popups on my desktop for your app.  They are intrusive and annoying..   Customer service says they will "forward to engineering team" and completely shut down my question.  

I am a paid subscriber, I should not have to deal with pop up notifications from your company for products I do not want or need.  This isn't freeware.    Put them in the app and leave my desktop alone!  At the very least offer customers a way to OPT OUT of this annoyance.  If I wanted other products I would purchase them.

Tags (1)
19 Replies
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 20

Re: How do I opt out of your marketing popups?

Hi @SickofYourPopup 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kindly help us with the screenshot of the pop ups for better understanding to help you further.

For immediate assistance, kindly click on the below link for chat support.

McAfee Chat Support

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Venkat

SickofYourPopup
Contributor II
Message 3 of 20

Notifications like this one below, for various products that I don’t want or need.   Upselling directly to my desktop notifications without an easy option to opt out or block is very intrusive.

IMG_8452.jpeg

Venkat_YM
Message 4 of 20

Hi @SickofYourPopup 

We would like to let you know that the pop ups which you can see those are promotional ad pop ups which McAfee aware of this alerts and working towards the resolution. We shall keep you updated once there is an update on it.

Regards,
Venkat

Selborne1
Contributor
Message 5 of 20

So how can I prevent the pop-ups appearing
SickofYourPopup
Contributor II
Message 6 of 20

I wish I knew!    They show up on every one of our devices and it’s so annoying.   There were some hints on google to play with Windows notifications but that only worked for a few days , and you have to repeat the steps on every PC.    

I guess the only way is to unsub and remove the software.   The answer above from McAfee is the canned level 1 response. 

Venkat_YM
Message 7 of 20

Hi @SickofYourPopup 

As we said, in the above post its a known issue and McAfee working towards the resolution to stop the promotional pop ups. We shall keep you updated once receive any update on it.

Regards,
Venkat

AlfieJ
Contributor
Message 8 of 20

I'm getting very irritated by the number of McAfee popups that appear every time I use my laptop (Windows 10 with McAfee Total Protection).

These marketing/ad/suggestion popups interrupt what I'm doing and don't go away, so I have to manually close them. It's so annoying that I'm seriously considering NOT renewing my subscription.

I've done an internet search to see how I can stop them but have only found two suggestions, neither of which work:

Option 1

Windows Settings, System, Notifications and Actions

Scroll to ‘Get notifications from these senders’

Result: McAfee app not listed

Option 2

McAfee app, Settings, General Settings and Alerts, Informational Alerts

Uncheck Show informational alerts

Result: No check box displayed. Apply button greyed out.

SickofYourPopup
Contributor II
Message 9 of 20

Is there a timeline on this fix?

People have been complaining about this for months, with always the same response, so there must be some sort of timeline that someone at McAffee can share with exasperated users.

The popups are STILL happening and we have no recourse (aside from removing the software)

AH1
Contributor
Message 10 of 20

Add me to the list of unhappy people.
It looks like you (Mcafee) have no control over this software.
Perhaps its now time to vote with my feet and move to a company that wont keep spamming me with pop-ups every time I touch my computer.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community