cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaisertom
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

How do I disable Mcafee Antivirus Plus Services from Starting on Startup?

Hi, I would like to know if there is anyway I could disable the Mcafee Antivirus Plus 2011 Services from Starting on Startup. I have another antivirus I would rather be using, but at the same time I do not want to uninstall Mcafee completely off the system. Especially since I have a year and a half left on it for some unknown reason.

I have looked everywhere for a way to disable mcafee without having to completely uninstall it from the system, and I either get denied access to disable it or I can't find settings that apparently exist on it.

Any help would be appreciated!

2 Replies
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: How do I disable Mcafee Antivirus Plus Services from Starting on Startup?

Using 2 different antivirus programs will cause you issues so you need to make a decision as to which one you want to use in the future. If you choose to use the other program then you will need to uninstall McAfee and run the MCPR removal tool also.

McAfee is designed to run with the various services it needs upon startup so if one should attempt to adjust any of the settings you may mess something else up in the registry that will cause you issues with your computer.

I realize this is not necessarily the answer you want but I just wanted to point this out for you.

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 3

Re: How do I disable Mcafee Antivirus Plus Services from Starting on Startup?

When You uninstall you can reinstall choosing custom install and leave out the AV component. This assumes your AV you want to keep has no firewall anti spam etc. Was this what u were after?

I can though see issues as the developers would not have heavily tested this path with all Avs and yours might clash.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community