cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tom1986
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

How do I activate my McAfee subscription?

Hi. I recently moved to Sky broadband, and with it recieved a one year free subscription with McAfee Security Center. However, I have installed the security center, but when I click on it, it says "please activate your subscription". I can't seem to discover how I do this, and I'm worried that it means my computer is currently not protected.

If anyone could help me and knows how I may activate my subscription, it would be a real help.

Thanks,

Tom.

6 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

Re: How do I activate my McAfee subscription?

Hi,

Please follow the below prompts to activate your subscription;

Right click on the M icon on the system tray and select product setup.

Select login option if you already have a mcafee product with the email address , if not continue with create account

Continue the onscreen prompts to activate your subscription.

Please de report back if you have any issue, along with the following information ,

What is the operating system in the computer?

What is the version of internet explorer ?

What is the error you receive while registering ?

Thanks,

Dinesh K

kkkkkkkkkkk
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Hi,

I too am having problems activating my free trail.

When I right lick the M icon in my tray the options I have are

-open mcafee security centre

- check for updates

- run scan

- change settings

- verify subscription

- sky broadband

- get help

When I open the McAfee Security Centre I have the option to press a link that says 'activate' I press it and nothing happens and my account it staill awaiting activation.

Very frustrating, please can you help.

djshizzle
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

hi i am also having the same problem with the mcAfee subscription but i have followed all your steps to do it and it loads up the sky page and says this  

Sorry

The service is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

and it has been like this since i got the sky internet package and that was the 25th of janruary i got the sky internet up and running and installed it i have a few days left untill it runns out any suggestions would be great thanks.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 7

Did you have another AV installed before Mcafee and if so did you remove it with its own removal tool?

https://community.mcafee.com/message/213302#213302

Ok not sky but all similiar. Have you contacted Sky support or Mcafee customer service ?

djshizzle
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

i haven't used mcAfee before and my pc had Aol on it i thnk but it defently wasnt mcAfee i removed it but i can't remember if i used the tool to remove it .  i have just checked i still have windows firewall installed still and security centre would that be the issue ?

Message was edited by: djshizzle on 12/02/12 02:31:40 CST

Message was edited by: djshizzle on 12/02/12 02:34:00 CST
Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 7

Windows firewall would be auto disabled by Mcafee. It should not be active. Try running the AOL removal tool if they have 1?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community