cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sicnarf
Contributor III
Message 1 of 7

How can I get the "Virtual Tecnician" when the link won't work?

I am having problems opening certain links in IE8. I am unable to "link" to many of the entries on the McAfee site INCLUDING the support button.

I have had to copy and paste my way here.

What is the address for the virtual Technician so I can copy and past and hopefully run it.

Thank you

6 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Re: How can I get the "Virtual Tecnician" when the link won't work?

It could be a website glitch or in rare cases malware on your machine.  If you suspect the latter try running some independent online scans HERE and HERE.

Meanwhile the direct link to McAfee Virtual Technician is here:  http://mvt.mcafee.com/

Sicnarf
Contributor III
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the addy. I got there but the buttons still don't work.

Any way you know of that I could download it as a filewithout having to go through choosing links?

My problem is probably not a single web site glitch as it happens on many pages and sites, such as Corel, General Electric et al.

I have scanned my machine with McAfee anti virus which I have installed on my machine and was told  it didn't find anything.

Sicnarf
Contributor III
Message 4 of 7

Sometimes a blind squirell finds an acorn!

Figured out how to DL ...thanks for your help.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

LOL, so you are OK now?   Make sure you are up to date with all Windows updates including the optional ones and then make sure your add-ons are also up to date, such as Flash, Java etc. etc.

Sicnarf
Contributor III
Message 6 of 7

Sucess turns to failure.........

Was able to DL file but it doesn't seem to "run".

It starts and says it's installing BUT doesn't show progress and just sits there.

So I guess there is no way of "installing" it except through the web site?

I have been to the MS forums and I'm not the only one with this problem, but there arn't any real solutions.

"Supposedly" my machine is "up-to-date" as I allow auto up dates for Win and McAfee.

This problem seems to go back to Vista and has now reaced Win7 IE8. The real annoying thing is that you can't re-install IE8

as it is part of Win 7.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

Well try Technical Support Chat via Useful Links above.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community