cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flyinfish
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Hours I'll never get back

Please take the time to listen to my feedback and implement changes to your current installation program for your internet security suite.  I am an ATT DSL customer who gets McAfee as part of my subscription.

1.  Attempted install

2.  Got all red x's

3.  Run troubleshooting tool

4.  Tool says no McAfee products installed

5   Tool asks are you trying to Install Security suite (Yes)

6.  Tool says found these 5 problems do you want to fix them (Of course)

7.  Tool says problems fixed

8.  Install fails multiple times

9.  I spend hours researching problem

10.  Found MCPR.exe (McAfee Product Removal)

11.  Run program even though trouble shooting program said no McAfee products installed

12.  Install problem fixed

Couldn't you simply add a line into your install program that would link #2 above to #11 above so people could stop wasting valuable time.  If this is a known problem then why isn't it being fixed?  You've already got your customers who've paid for your service in one way or another to do your beta testing for you.  Who are your customers and how important is their time to you?  I think you have a great product and have been happy with it's performance but if people can't install it what good is it to either me or you.

Tags (2)
1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: Hours I'll never get back

You have an excellent point but often what works for one installation wont work for another, but I agree it would help if more hints were given as to other possible solutions.

Sorry it took so long to answer you but we just moved to these new forums and it takes a bit of getting used to.

So is everything OK now?

In future you can always ask in these forums or simply right-click the taskbar icon and select Customer Support and follow the prompts to either Technical Support Chat for such issues or Customer Service Chat if you have account questions.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/7/09 6:56 AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community