cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nevraldi
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Home PC virus protection shuts down when PC is turned off?

Hello, 'This just recently ( within last week) started happening. I bought this PC less than 6 months ago. No other virus protection product has ever been loaded on it.

Recently McAfee turns off when I shut down my PC. I have to manually restart it when I start my PC back up . It goes through an update process, says it is up to date and I am secure.

I want this to run all of the time and start up when I start up my PC. i do not want to have to manually start it up.

Any ideas?

I have ran a full scan and it comes back clean. I have also run Malware Bytes and it comes back clean.

Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful before I have to contact support

Thanks!

2 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: Home PC virus protection shuts down when PC is turned off?

Moved from Service and Support to General Discussion >Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: Home PC virus protection shuts down when PC is turned off?

​,

Are you saying that your McAfee Software is not running after your computer goes to sleep? And you bring it out of (Sleep Mode)? Or after you have shut it down for the night, and upon starting your Machine up the next day your software is not (Loading)?

Do you have your Updates/Engine Versions set to (Automatic)?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community