cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Birdlielund
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Heroes of the Abyss - blocked, why?

Heroes of the Abyss is an independent development of the turn based game Heroes of Might and Magic 3.

They have their own software available at h3hota.com. It has been working flawlessly including updates for two years or so but when I tried to install the latest update the McAfee software stops the update and says it "Stopped a threat".

Is there a reason for this (I assume it is, or simply that it is not verified software by a major provider?) 

If no known issue, how can I install and proceed?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Nagesh_G
Message 2 of 3

Re: Heroes of the Abyss - blocked, why?

Hi @Birdlielund ,

We regret for the inconvenience, We request you the exclude the file in real time scanning feature and it will not mark the file as threat , kindly follow the below steps to exclude the file in RTS.

https://www.mcafee.com/support/?locale=en-US&articleId=TS102056&fromSearch=true&page=shell&shell=art... 

Regards
Nagesh G

Birdlielund
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Heroes of the Abyss - blocked, why?

Hi Nagesh,

Thank you for replying. I tried your suggestion, but could not find the file blocked. I tried to run the update installer while keeping explorer open in the specified path and the file being blocked only turns up during install, so I guess it is created during. Therefore I cannot add it to approved files in McAfee. 

I tried shutting down McAfee from windows process management, but it still blocked it.

What do I do?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community