cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iqqe
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Help!

McAfee kinda wrecked my pc, it seems. I started to get all kinds of errormessages. Finally I found out that the source of all my problems was McAfee. I did the steps described on the trouble-shooting-pages. Deleted McAfee from my pc. But now I cant install it anymore. Neither does the virtual technician work. I keep gettin errormsg like 'Installe.exe, Bad image. system32/d3d10_1.dll is not designed to run under windows'.

Several functions in Control Center aren't working anymore. Like I get an empty screen when I want to check the windows Firewall, etc.

My pc is currently unprotected. Please advise.

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Help!

Run Rootkit Remover, Stinger and then Malwarebytes Free linked in the last link in my signature below.

If you can do that try rebooting into safe Mode by tapping F8 repeatedly while booting up and then try to start System Restore to go back to before all this started.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 5

See this thread, where someone had the same problem.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/error-d3d101dll-dwm-bad-imag...

The file d3d10_1.dll is related to DirectX

That user had been using CCleaner to do registry changes. Have you used a registry cleaner lately?

This user encountered the error because of a failing hard disk. You should also run chkdsk to see if yours is failing.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1673650

Message was edited by: Hayton on 26/08/12 16:57:53 IST
iqqe
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Tried to do what you advised, but it didn't work out at all. Nor what Hayton said: I havent used any reg cleaner at all lately.

I know have AVG installed instead of McAfee, because no scanner doesn't feel safe.

The way I see it now, I'll have to reinstall Windows 7 and all the apps again..

I'm not amused

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

You checked the drive with chkdsk? Including a surface scan?

Message was edited by: Hayton on 27/08/12 16:29:31 IST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community