cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alsp
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Help! Can't connect Skype anymore.

I have been using Skype normally for the last 8 months. I have no idea what is hapening. I have a McAfee anti-virus. In a Skype discussion I read one must disable the McAfee program? How do you do that? How do you turn it on again. I need a step by step please.

Thanks

3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 4

Re: Help! Can't connect Skype anymore.

I am asking ex_brit to comment when He wakes. I think he uses it and does not disable Mcafee

Someone will get back to you soon..

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 4

I don't use Skype for my VoIP service but they all work the same, or should do.  The settings should be set automatically in a normal scenario however, check your settings.

Open SecurityCenter

Click Web and Email Protectioon > Firewall

Click Internet Connections for Programs to expand

Click the word 'Program' at the top to rearrange them alphabetically.

Go down the list and look either for Skype by name or 'Client to make VoIP calls

Make sure it has Full access using the Edit button if necessary.

If that doesn't help try switching Netguard off while you are in that area, it helps with mine.

It also helps to go into the Skype Settings to make sure the correct sound devices are picked by the programme.

If you still have trouble, Technical Support is a free phone call away and linked under Useful Links at the top of the page, or you can use the free online chat, your choice.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 07/07/12 6:54:44 EDT AM
tyomni
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Solved my problem but not security center settings. It was from my skypes audio device configurations

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community