cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZapcoFanatic
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Has anyone had this problem?

When I boot my computer it seems to take a really long time for it's given hardware... and I see that it loads about 12 processes into memory. Then, when the computer is running, I could swear that it's as slow as (or slower than) a computer I had about 5 years ago, which this one was meant to replace... also, I ended up with a virus that a friend with AVG was able to identify while McAfee pretty much ignored it the whole time. At one point I uninstalled McAfee and the computer was amazingly fast. I guess I am just confused and am hoping that this isn't the "normal" behavior of McAfee...

thanks for any help

1 Reply
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: Has anyone had this problem?

Hi ,

Can you please provide some specs about the computer;

What is the operating system ?

What is the RAM size and processor?

How old is the commputer ?

Have run a full scan and has it detected any viruses ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community