cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vlsears
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

HP say's McAfee not protecting my computer

I have a HP notebook and desktop  they have a program call HP Adviser which pull down program PC Dashboard , it say's that the virus protection is not protected (yellow) 

I have McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2010

Windows 7

Both of these machine say this what would cause this

2 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: HP say's McAfee not protecting my computer

Hi Vernon,

Let me know what is the message you receive in security center ? Is it Am I protected YES or Your computer is secure ?
Also let me know whether what is the computer’s operating system ?
Do you have any other security software installed in the computer ?

Regards,
Dinesh K

megodoyr
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: HP say's McAfee not protecting my computer

Hello Dinz

I am new in this community and I have the same problem. I bought and HP Pavillion dm4t in Hp online store, then I can customized it. My choice was to buy it with no Antivirus because I have a valid McAfee Total Protection licence. Later, when I received the notebook I installed mcafee software on it, but the HP facility PCdashboard show me the next message "Virus Protection: We did not find Antivirus installed on your system". In the next line The windows shows a link, if you go to it "Surprise, it is Norton Webpage".I chatted with McAfee support on line and they checked that my computer has installed OK McAfee Antivirus and it is working without problems. I also checked the "Action Center" of windows and in the Security area it also show me Mcaffe is installed and working OK. There are only one software in my computer which does not detect McAfee Antivirus, it is HP Dashboard software. Later I have chatted with HP Support and they do not have any answer for this situation, the solution is just install Norton instead of McAfee. For me that is a joke.

Regards

Manuel

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community